NAME: Carla Walker
ADDRESS: 314 N. Hackberry St. Suite#102 San Antonio, TX 78202
PHONE: (210) 451-0044
NUMBER OF CHILDREN: 2
EDUCATION: Sam Houston High School (Cherokee, 1976)
St. Philip’s College – Associate of Applied Science
Wayland Baptist University – Bachelors of Science Occupational Education specializing in Business Management
University of Phoenix – Masters of Art
PROFESSIONAL San Antonio Spurs Entertainment
EXPERIENCE: Retired March 2020 Texas Education System
San Antonio Independent School District
Charter School District, School of Excellence in Education
Owner – Warrick Pharmacy (partner)
Owner – Imani Assisted Living Personal Care
Director – Antioch Golden Years Personal Care
COMMUNITY Claude W Black Center Advisory Board (2022 – Present)
ACTIVITY Parks and Recreation Board (2019 – Present)
SAWS Citizen Advocate Program (2017 – 2020)
Martin Luther King Jr, Commission (1988 -2020)
Martin Luther King Jr, Commission Vice Chair (2020)
Juneteenth Independence Freedom Festival (2022)
Antioch MBC Active Member (1963 to present)
- Implementation of strategies to curve the high crime rate in District 2.
- Establish programs to enhance training and skills of District 2 citizens thereby increasing the number of persons who have the skillset and licenses to work in the new District 2 manufacturing businesses. And, request that the manufacturing companies, set aside positions specifically for District 2 residents.
- Increase visibility of law enforcement in District 2 thereby improving community engagement, and creating an environment of respect between the District 2 citizens and police.
- Improve the selection of residential living choices in District 2, review property taxes
- Increase support to neighborhood associations, empower homeowners and tenants to implement the building of affordable energy efficient homes.
- Improve support to the homeless by increasing mental health awareness and the accessibility of Urgent Care Facilities